After the amazing success of last year’s Colchester Free Festival, organisers have confirmed it will return to Castle Park this summer.
Taking place on Saturday 27 August 2011, the not-for-profit, volunteer-led public event will once again celebrate Colchester’s music, art and culture.
Last year, more than 15,000 people attended the festival across both upper and lower Castle Park. This year’s focus will build on that success, promising more of the same atmosphere but with even greater variety.
Festival Director Ben Howard, who successfully campaigned via Keep Colchester Cool to launch the original event, said the team are excited to bring it back. “Last year, we started with nothing. This year we start with a core team of people, a database of great contacts and most importantly, the trust and respect from the authorities, businesses and festivalgoers alike.”
That trust has already been demonstrated by Lion Walk Shopping Centre, which was the first business to invest in the Free Festival last year and is the first to do so again this year.
Centre Manager Paul Bentham said: “Lion Walk Shopping Centre is proud to be at the heart of community life in Colchester. The Free Festival showcases the best of our town, and we are delighted to support it. We will be much more involved this year and have exciting plans to extend the event, which we will reveal in the next few weeks.”
For more information, visit:
www.colchesterfreefestival.co.uk


9.29°C 