After the amazing success of last year’s Colchester Free Festival, the organisers can now announce it will be coming back to Castle Park this summer.

Taking place on Saturday August 27, the not-for-profit volunteer led public event will again provide a celebration of Colchester’s music, art and culture.

Last year over 15,000 people attended the festival which took place in both upper and lower Castle Park. The focus this year will be on more of the same but with even more variety.

Festival Director, Ben Howard, who successfully campaigned via Keep Colchester Cool to bring the festival back, said the team are looking forward to making it happen again. “Last year, we started with nothing. This year we start with a core team of people, a database of great contacts and most importantly the trust and respect from the authorities, businesses and festival goers alike.”

This trust has been demonstrated by Lion Walk Shopping Centre which was the first business to invest in the Free Festival last year and is the first to do so again this. Centre Manager, Paul Bentham said: “Lion Walk Shopping Centre is proud to be at the heart of community life in Colchester. The Free Festival showcases the best of our town and we are delighted to support it. We will be much more involved this year and have exciting plans to extend the event which we will reveal in the next few weeks.”

For information on Colchester Free Festival visit www.colchesterfreefestival.co.uk